In Partnership With:
Reimagining Agri-Food with Digital Transformation
As the global population is projected to reach 10 billion by 2050, the need for food security and sustainability is now more important than ever. The change of consumer trends too drives the agri-food industry to push towards delivering healthier diets and fresher food from safe and traceable sources, with sustainable consumption as a key priority in their purchasing behaviour.
While the increase in demand implies a wonderful opportunity for the industry players, climate change, lack of access to water, poverty presents great challenges to tap onto the new wave of growth. Hence, it is essential to investigate how innovative solution to overcome these challenges, starting from macro to supply chain from farm to fork.
Date: 28 September 2022, Wednesday
Time: 3.00pm to 4.00pm SGT
Format: Virtual on Zoom
Key takeaways from this session include:
- Digital intelligent agriculture, processing, and supply chain management
- Factors influencing consumer behaviour and how it impacts the next business decision by agri-food businesses and investors
- Tech in driving sustainable agri-food production
|3.00pm – 3.05pm||WELCOME ADDRESS|
|3.05pm - 3:20pm||
PRESENTATION: Data driven smart agriculture: Latest trends and opportunities
Presented by: Cedrik Kern, Solution Manager, Agribusiness and Commodity Management, SAP SE
This presentation will discuss: · Meeting the shifting demands: What has changed since COVID-19 and what are the upcoming trends and opportunities?
· Zero emissions, zero waste, zero inequality- how to realistically chase zero in the increasingly digitalised agri-food sector?
· Creative application of technology to drive food traceability, quality, and safety
|3.20pm - 4.00pm||
Panel discussion: Scalable and Sustainable Transformation to Win in the New Competitive Edge
Moderated by: Alp Mahavera, Industry Business Architect for Agribusiness, SAP Southeast Asia
Panellists: Dr Farshad Shishehchian, Founder and Group Chief Executive Officer, Blue Aqua International Group
Mr. Koh Yeow Koon, Managing Director, Seng Choon Farm Pte Ltd
Nikita Gulin, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Agranimo
Barbara Guerpillon, Global Head, Dole Ventures
Businesses are constantly concerned about strategies to reduce costs, improve customer experience, capture value, and operate as efficiently as possible. This can be achieved by digitalizing the whole operating model for better analysis, implementation, and forecasting. Starting from redefining the expected experience and outcome, organisation can start with zero-based redesign to build processes and technology needed to support it.
Key discussion points include:
· Steps to digitizing and upscaling transformation journeys and processes: key challenges and considerations
· Key measures in implementing measurable, proactive, and sustainable outcome driven transformation
· Using tech to drive net zero, sustainable circular economy
· Success stories sharing
|4.00pm||CLOSING REMARKS & END OF SESSION|
Industry Business Architect for Agribusiness
SAP Southeast Asia
Solution Manager, Agribusiness and Commodity Management
Koh Yeow Koon
Seng Choon Farm Pte Ltd
Dr Farshad Shishehchian
Group CEO & Co-Founder
Blue Aqua International Group
Co-founder and CEO
ABOUT THE PARTNER
At Food Futures Company, we strongly believe that the global food system must undergo significant and transformational change. As a global innovation ecosystem design firm we work with governments, researchers, corporates, investors, and agrifoodtech entrepreneurs and founders to:
- Make a positive contribution to human health and wellbeing
- Create agrifood production systems that are transparent, ethical and sustainable
- Reduce food waste and improve food security
Since 2019, we have been doing this by supporting, commercializing, and investing in agile startups, entrepreneurs, and disruptive technologies as the vehicles of change for a better food system.