The event which aims to catalyse sustainable food production in Asia, will be held in partnership with the Economic Development Board, Enterprise Singapore, Singapore Food Agency, Singapore Tourism Board, and event organisers, Rethink Events and Constellar.
Guest of Honour, Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for Economic Policies Heng Swee Keat will attend the launch event of Singapore International Agri-Food Week (SIAW). The Week brings together the world’s leading food producers, agribusinesses, entrepreneurs, investors, research institutions and policymakers.
Notable speakers from international organisations, such as BASF, Cargill, Nestle, Tyson Foods, Unilever, The World Health Organisation, and the Tony Blair Institute, will be involved to share insights on scaling agri-food developments across Asia. Speeches and forums during the four-day hybrid event will be livestreamed globally.
Day 1: November 15, 2021
- SIAW Launch Event – The inaugural SIAW launch event will be graced by DPM Heng Swee Keat. It will include an opening address by DPM Heng, along with the signing of the SIAW Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Temasek, EDB, ESG, SFA, STB, Rethink and Constellar. During the SIAW launch event, industry experts will be invited to join in for a fireside chat on driving agri-food innovation and collaboration opportunities in Asia.
- Roundtable on Novel Food Regulations – The Roundtable on Novel Food Regulations will kick off the four-day event and it will provide a platform for regulators, local and international industry players, and members of international organisations including the Food and Agriculture Organization, Codex Alimentarius Commission and World Organisation for Animal Health to come together to share best practices and experiences on technical issues surrounding the regulation of novel foods.
- Now in its second edition, the forum will take on a hybrid format. Participants will be invited to discuss the challenges in safety assessments of novel foods and explore opportunities to advance the regulatory agenda in a manner that encourages food innovations.
Days 2 – 4: November 16 – 18, 2021
- Asia Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit – Now in its fourth year, the summit convenes the world’s leading agribusinesses, growers, consumer packaged goods and ingredient brands, entrepreneurs, investors, retailers and policymakers to share ideas and collaborate towards greater security and sustainability in Asia’s agri-food system.
- Hosted by Rethink Events, the three-day hybrid summit will combine both in-person elements and a full virtual experience tailored to an international audience.
- Discussions will focus on empowering smallholder farmers, building resilient supply chains, scaling alternative protein production, enhancing nutrition, and optimising controlled environment agriculture and aquaculture.
To signify our continuous commitment to build a vibrant agri-food ecosystem in Asia, the Singapore International Agri-Food Week will include the launch of Agri-Food Tech Expo Asia in 2022.
- Agri-Food Tech Expo Asia – Organised by Constellar, the Expo provides a focused exhibition platform with a “living lab” environment, thematic experiential zones, sandbox and community based learning for emerging and established industry players in the agri-food industry to launch, showcase and testbed their solutions. The inaugural edition of the Expo will focus on key themes such as Aquaculture & Urban Protein Production, Food Safety & Security, Food Waste Management, and Smart Farming
For more information on these key events, please visit www.sginternationalagrifoodweek.com.sg.
This article first appeared in Food Matters Malaysia.